The Association of International Energy Negotiators (AIEN) announces its International Energy Summit (previously the International Petroleum Summit), to be held from September 27-29, 2022, at the Hilton on Park Lane Hotel in London, UK.
The AIEN has adapted to the shifting priorities of its members and the need for energy security and energy transition. The International Energy Summit will reflect this changing landscape within the industry.
J. Scott Porter, 2022‐2023 AIEN President, comments: “There is a clear shift in the energy industry. AIEN is a non-profit organization which represents members that are largely traditional energy and LNG companies. They are looking at how to grapple with the energy transition and are at various stages of corporate strategy. After two and half years of COVID that has prohibited face-to-face events, we and our members are greatly looking forward to the opportunity to reconnect.”
John Bridges, AIEN Executive Director, adds: “The summit will address the demands of our members who are tackling the energy transition. Focus will include carbon capture technology, hydrogen, and energy security. 25% of our membership is in the EU and we are delighted to be returning to London this year.”
The summit will have a broad range of speakers and panelists, bringing different perspectives on traditional energy resources, energy security and transition. These include:
- The Hon. Lord Robertson of Port Ellen KT, GCMG, honFRSE, PC, Former NATO Secretary General and UK Defense Secretary
- Simon Flowers, Chairman & Chief Analyst, Wood Mackenzie
- Khun Montri Rawanchaikul, CEO, PTTEP
- Kevin McLachlan, SVP Exploration, TotalEnergies
- Aldo Napolitano, Director Exploration, Eni
- NJ Ayuk, Chairman, Africa Energy Chamber
- Razman Hashim, SVP & Group General Counsel, PETRONAS
- Gretchen Watkins, President, Shell USA
- Felipe Arbeláez, SVP Hydrogen and CCUS, bp
- Andy Elliott, President, ExxonMobil LNG Market Development
- Anatol Feygin, EVP & Chief Commercial Officer, Cheniere Energy
- Gustavo Baquero, SVP Exploration & Production International Strategy and Commercial Development, Equinor
- James Janoskey, Managing Director, Global Co‐Head Energy Group and Head of EMEA EPRM, JP Morgan
- James Smith, CFO, Capricorn
“We are on a journey that will include hydrocarbons to support energy security over the coming years, but we know we need to adapt to reach climate change goals. The role of energy security but also cost and reliability in the mix of energy we use as we transition is an increasingly important topic and a key focus of the conference in London,” continues Porter. “The event is an invaluable opportunity for our members to discuss how existing knowledge can be applied to address all aspects of our current and future energy needs.”
For more information and to register for the 2022 International Energy Summit, please visit the site.
World Hydrogen Congress is a networking congress for the clean hydrogen industry taking place in Rotterdam, The Netherlands on 11 - 13 October 2022.
Produced by World Hydrogen Leaders, the mission of the Congress is to accelerate the global commercialisation of clean hydrogen and to connect the industry by providing an annual diary date for high quality content and high-intensity networking.
Head over to the World Hydrogen Congress website below to register to attend, and learn from the best in the market, help shape the future of the hydrogen industry and network with your peers.
Accelerating the Delivery of Secure, Affordable & Clean Energy
Climate change remains one of the most pressing existential challenges the world faces. The latest IPCC report stated that global greenhouse gas emissions must peak by 2025. Historically a major source of GHG emissions and environmental damage, the energy sector now has to become the leading force in the race to net-zero.
It is clear the level of engagement of the energy sector’s capital, scientific innovation knowledge and global reach is critical to make the energy transition a success and in turn keep the target of 1.5C of global warming alive. However, recent geopolitical events have suggested that energy security may be a priority over the environmental impact of energy sources.
With the energy sector now facing the dual challenge of maintaining energy security while also accelerating the shift to renewables, the FT’s Energy Transition Summit 2022 will bring together industry leaders, governments and investors to share actionable advice and debate how the industry can rise to the challenge and deliver secure, affordable and clean energy. For its ninth edition the event will feature a half day of digital content, followed by two days of in-person discussions, networking and exclusive roundtables, from 17 - 19 October.
- Is it realistic to expect a swift phase out of fossil fuels?
- How are investors balancing ESG and energy security in their decision making?
- Are anxieties about energy security helping or hindering the shift away from coal?
- What role should nuclear play in the future energy mix?
- How do you plan and navigate uncertainty and unpredictable disruption?
- How can we rapidly scale up European LNG facilities and infrastructure?
- What is best practice for effective methane management?
- Is CCUS a long-term solution or a way for traditional O&G to remain relevant during the transition?
- Is hydrogen the key to unlocking a speedier transition?
Finance & Investment Conference
15 November 2022
Pan Pacific London
The renewable energy market is growing rapidly. To facilitate continued expansion and realise even the most ambitious net zero targets, careful investment and funding is required.
RenewableUK’s Finance & Investment Conference 2022 will be the perfect platform from which to connect with hundreds of individuals across the sector. Engage with prospective financiers, business leaders such as owners, developers and operators, and various professional service providers including legal, consulting and accounting organisations.
- Discover the latest opportunities that different financing models offer
- Learn about important changes in the electricity markets
- Share knowledge and experience with 200+ attendees
- Access exclusive market intelligence reports and policy/guidance updates
Special thanks to our Event Partner AccountsIQ, Event Sponsors DNV and RealPort, and all our Event Supporters.